Environment Canada: Special Weather Statement in Effect
- Snow forecasted to start between 8 & 9am this morning. Snow heavy at times through to the late afternoon tapering to flurries around 5pm and lasting through to midnight accumulations 8cm. Another 1-2cm accumulation is expected through to midnight. High minus 9C, low 18minus, wind chill minus 27, winds E 20 km/h.
- Thursday February 8, 2018 mix of sun and cloud. High minus 7C, low minus 17C.WSW 15 km/h.
Residents are advised to exercise patience and caution as roads and sidewalks may become slippery. Staff are monitoring weather forecasts and will be patrolling roads throughout the event.
- We will deploy salting and plowing combo units on the priority roads, sidewalks and winter cycling networks as accumulations starts.
- This event will affect the Wednesday afternoon commute with snow covered roads and sidewalks.
- We will advise on a residential plow run as staff work on the best scenario. Resources will be working on echelon (tandem plowing) on priority beats
- We will deploy salting/sanding and plowing resources over the remainder of the transportation network as necessary as the weather or road conditions change.
We will continue to provide operational updates as weather conditions change.