Environment Canada: No Alerts in Effect.
- Flurries forecasted to start around 11am today. Snow heavy at times starting early afternoon, this continues through the afternoon commute, accumulations 5-7cm. Snow will continue into the early evening where it will transition to flurries by 8-9pm and stop overnight another 2cm is expected. High minus 7C, temperatures rising to minus 2C by the morning, winds SE 20 km/h becoming light this evening.
- Thursday February 1, 2018 chance of flurries. High plus 2C, low minus 13C. Winds SW 20 km/h.
Residents are advised to exercise patience and caution as roads and sidewalks may become slippery. Staff are monitoring weather forecasts and will be patrolling roads throughout the event.
- We will deploy salting and plowing combo units on the priority roads, sidewalks and winter cycling networks as accumulations starts.
- This event will affect the Wednesday afternoon commute with snow covered roads and sidewalks.
- We will deploy salting/sanding and plowing resources over the remainder of the transportation network as necessary as the weather or road conditions change.
We will continue to provide operational updates as weather conditions change.