Children and youth 16 years of age and under are invited to submit their name suggestions for all 40 of Ottawa’s train cars – the 34 Alstom Citadis Spirit electric train cars that will operate along the O-Train Confederation Line and the six Alstom Coradia LINT diesel train cars that operate along the O-Train Trillium Line.
The contest runs until December 8, 2017. Participants must get permission from their parent/guardian before submitting an entry form, which is available on OC Transpo’s Ready for Rail page at octranspo.com/ready4rail.
- Must be short (maximum of 16 characters, including spaces)
- Should be related to trains (or train service) or have Canadian or Ottawa-related significance
- Must fit into one or more of five categories
- Natural world
- Canadian culture
- Must be bilingual or easily translatable (English & French)
- Should be friendly, positive and easy to remember
Participants must provide their name, age at the time of submission, email address and phone number. Participants can enter as often as they want, but each individual can only win once. Contest rules and regulations are available on OC Transpo’s Ready for Rail page at octranspo.com/ready4rail.
The winning names will be announced and name decals will be placed on trains in 2018.
The O-Train Confederation Line is a $2.13 billion transit project that is jointly funded by the Government of Canada, the Province of Ontario and the City of Ottawa.